This week is a bit different – it’s Loved Baby week around here. I have in my possession TWO copies of Loved Baby to give away. October is Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Month, so this week I will be focusing on this book, talking about it, and giving you opportunities to enter to win a FREE copy of Loved Baby. Drawing will happen on Sunday, October 1. Details at the bottom of this post.
What this book is about:
Loved Baby is a 31-day devotional designed to help you cherish and grieve your precious child after pregnancy loss. In each of the 31 days, the author shares from the raw places of her own soul and guides the reader through different phases and emotions of grief. She has also collected stories from other moms that she weaves in, building up a wholistic view of the grieving process. Each day ends with an action step that she calls Soul Work designed to help the reader take one step forward.
The tone of this book is loving and gentle while at the same time raw and painfully honest. No matter where you are in your grief journey, taking a month to go through this book will certainly move you forward toward a place of more joy and intentional life.
What I liked:
- The honesty – Sarah and the other contributors go to a place inside themselves and pull out some really deep stuff, which is then weaved beautifully into the devotional to meet the reader where she is, or perhaps was, and then suggests a small way to take a step forward.
- The gentleness – Infant loss is such a painful process and it seems like each word has been intentionally chosen to be loving and gentle, to support the reader while he or she explores feelings and emotions.
- The length – These are slightly longer than any devotional I’ve seen, but the depth of content necessitates a little more explanation.
- Faith-focus – Sarah brilliantly integrates faith into each part of her journey and doesn’t neglect some of the more icky feelings that we may be hesitant to talk about. Her range of emotion is real and gives others freedom to feel all the things.
Overall thoughts and opinions:
While I’ve never experienced a pregnancy loss, I know a number of women who have and I am so excited about this resource to be able to share with them. I always struggled to know what to say or how to support them.
Each day that I read gave me a glimpse inside a world with which I’m unfamiliar and yet, being human, I could identify with those feelings. I’ve been honored to be on this launch team to help spread the word about this resource. As soon as I heard about the book, I wanted to be involved and I haven’t been disappointed. I’m so grateful to get to know some of the stories from the others and to be given new ways to understand and support families going through this difficult time.
For all of these reasons, I give this book 5 stars.
WIN A FREE COPY:
Now the part you’ve been waiting for right? HOW DO I GET ONE?
Enter to win a free copy by:
- Commenting with part of your story below
- Sharing your story on your blog and linking back here
Stay tuned all week for other ways you can enter to win.
Entries will be recorded and chosen randomly by a number generator. Multiple entries are possible. Winners will be announced October 1st via facebook live on my author facebook page so head over there and follow it to stay up to date with Loved Baby week with me.